Tuesday, February 06, 2007

January Mini Book done!

Well I've finished my first mini book for 2007.......yippee!!

It's a little 6" x 4" book and each the pages have been sandwiched together to make little tag pockets for extra photos and journalling.

My aim is to make one of these every month with a little review of all the things we have done throughout the month and journalling so when I eventually do larger scrap pages or albums in the future I'll have a good reference to look back.

I think ultimately I will never ever scrap all my pictures because I take hundreds every month so I guess this compensates for the ones that will be missed LOL!

























Ooh and Emily's challenge for the Art Journal this week is a bit tricky......use some ephemera from your week.

I think I may have earmarked something to use now that may be a little more interesting than a Tesco's receipt!!! so I'll get stuck into that asap.

That's it from me, must start work!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous little album and a Fab idea!!

Beth said...

Oh Di, what can I say, that mini book is really pretty, it's gorgeous, and "cool" in colour, representing January exactly. Lovely. Beth XX

Nat said...

That is a brilliant idea and look wonderful too - where do you get all these ideas from my lovely?!! xx

Di W said...

I love that idea Di!! The book is a keepsake in itself and will look fab lined up alongside the next eleven!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Di

I love the book and when I get my finger out to do my sister's I may very well be inspired by your pages!!

Unknown said...

Di, LOVE your monthly journal idea!

What a fab way to remember your year.

Anonymous said...

Great idea and that came out beautifully! Love the colours and the tag pockets.

Gaye said...

Gorgeous Di, good luck with finding your emphemera :)

Paula J Atkinson said...

As you may well know, I am the Minibook Pixie with mini madness!!!
I lurve the little book. I really must make more for me instead of just ones to give to others (they supply pics & money for embellies & I do the book)

Familie Kubben said...

Aaah!! What a beautiful book! And what a great idea to make one of these every month! good luck!

Lynn said...

This is absolutely amazing!!!! You are one talented scrapbooker, by the way I forgot to tell you in my last post that I LOVE your banner, it is totally awesome!!!

saffiertje said...

this is awesome!!!!